Tensile testing machine: Rely on a fast, cost-effective and
The tensile testing machine provides the user with, among other things, the characteristic values of the Rp0.2 yield strength and the tensile strength Rm. For example, the tensile strength determines the maximum stress with which a material can be loaded. To determine it, the tensile test is the most common method. However, there are individual disadvantages:
- Components are destroyed
- Costly and time-consuming sample preparation
- Small parts often cannot be tested
That is why Imprintec has developed a new method (indentation method) which combines the advantages of a flexible hardness tester with the comprehensive determination of the characteristic values of a tensile testing machine.
The innovative testing technology of Imprintec combines the informative value of the tensile test and the simple application of the hardness test in one machine – you receive all important characteristic values in one test path.
Make your production plant fit for Industry 4.0! We are happy to inform you about the possibilities of integration and automation by integrating a test module – contact us via contact form, e-mail or call us directly at 0234/ 970 414 02.
How does a control ventionelle traintesting machinework?
For the test, one or more samples are prepared from the material to be tested. The individual specimens are clamped in the tensile testing machine and stretched evenly until they break. The measured values determined in the process are shown in a stress-strain diagram. From this, the characteristic values yield strength, tensile strength and elongation at break are determined. The exact procedure for metals is regulated in the standards DIN EN ISO 6892-1, ISO 6892, ASTM E 8, ASTM E 21, DIN 50154.
The execution of the tensile test with a tensile testing machine thus means
- The preparation of the specimens can be time-consuming and expensive
- The destruction of the specimens limits the suitability of the tensile test as a component test
- Small geometries can only be tested to a limited extent
- The test can only be automated in exceptional cases
In order to circumvent these restrictions, Imprintec has developed a new method for materials testing: With the indentation method according to DIN SPEC 4864 a fast, cost-efficient, precise and non-destructive determination of the stress-strain curve is possible.
What does the Imprintec i3D testing machine do compared to the tensile testing machine?
With the indentation method according to DIN SPEC 4864, Imprintec combines the simplicity of hardness testing with the detailed informative value of a tensile testing machine. The software-based adjustment of FEM simulations to real measured data provides you with the desired characteristic values 0.2% proof stress Rp0.2 and tensile strength Rm.
Process sequence with the testing machine i3D:
- Generating of a test indentation
- 3D-measuring of the test indentation
- Determination of the characteristic values through adjustment with FEM simulations by an algorithm
The entire process is fully automatic and takes only a few seconds. The operator only needs basic knowledge of materials testing – comparable to that of hardness testing. This eliminates the need for time-consuming sample preparation – you save valuable time and money with the indentation method.
We would be happy to demonstrate the operation of our strength testing machine (or hardness and tensile testing machine) to you personally – just make an appointment with us for a product demonstration in Bochum!
The i3D testing machine from Imprintec: Convince yourself of the advantages of the combounded hardness and tensile testing machine
Real and local component testing, at incoming and outgoing goods and in the intermediate inspection – with reliable results for
in just one work step – that’s what the i3D testing machine from Imprintec does.
- Cost saving: The time-consuming and cost-intensive preparation of samples is no longer necessary, nor is the use of expensive personnel and machines for internal testing.
- Time savings: The test time can be reduced from several days when using an external tensile test in a material testing laboratory to a few minutes.
- Saving resources: The innovative universal testing machine allows low-destructive testing.
- Point accuracy: Unlike tensile testing machines, the indentation method enables a point-precise determination of the stress-strain curve.
- Versatility: Even small components and specimens can be tested.
Imprintec offers the fast and low-destructive tensile test alternative not only as an individually configurable testing machine – the modification of existing test systems is also possible.
Please contact us personally:
+49 (0) 234 970 414 0 1