Strength and hardness tester from Imprintec GmbH
Low-destructive hardness measurement instead of costly tensile test
Only with the knowledge of the existing characteristic values of a material can you reliably assess whether the respective material meets your requirements. However, a conventional hardness tester or conventional hardness tests are not able to directly determine characteristic values of the tensile test such as the yield point and the tensile strength. The conversion of hardness into tensile strength only takes into account selected material groups with limited precision. Tensile tests, on the other hand, are time and cost intensive. The indentation method according to DIN SPEC 4864 offers advantages for different tasks of quality assurance (incoming goods, outgoing goods, intermediate inspection) and testing of components, as well as small and thin samples.
Innovative testing technology from Imprintec: Discover the advantages of state-of-the-art materials testing for your company: With the strength and hardness testing machine from Imprintec you can determine all important parameters such as yield strength, yield point and tensile strength with pinpoint accuracy – without conversion table for hardness values and tensile strength and, if desired, integrated into the production process.
Convince yourself and make an appointment for a product demonstration in Bochum: by telephone on 0234/ 970 414 – 02, by e-mail or via our contact form.
Why is a modern agenative to the conventionellen hardnesstesting machine senfull?
The mechanical resistance that one body offers to the penetration of another body is the hardness. The most common methods for determining hardness are the Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers, Shore or Knopp methods. As proven as these hardness tests are – some of them were developed more than 100 years ago and do not provide all currently possible measured values. For the majority of steel as well as aluminium and magnesium materials, a complex tensile test in the material testing laboratory is necessary to test the mechanical properties. These include the 0.2% proof stress Rp0.2 and the tensile strength Rm. However, the tensile test requires extensive preparation and destroys the samples and components used. An integration of conventional hardness tester and tensile test into the production process is, if at all, only possible in a complicated way and at enormous costs.
The strength and hardness tester i3D from Imprintec solves these problems: With the patented indentation method, a cost-effective, safe and meaningful material testing and thus a new type of quality assurance and optimization of your products is possible.
Why is our strength and hardness tester the optimale solution for you?
Our strength and hardness tester i3D R/BVR combines the simplicity and flexibility of hardness testing with the detailed information of a tensile testing machine. The determined flow curves provide you with detailed values:
- Tensile strength Rm
- 0.2% proof stress Rp0.2
This results in interesting advantages for your company:
- Our strength and hardness tester provides you with more information about the mechanical properties of the material than a conventional hardness test
- Comparative values for the tensile test and precise hardness values are determined
- You obtain a higher accuracy than with a conversion according to DIN EN ISO 18265
- With Imprintec a more comprehensive and cross-material test is possible (unalloyed and low-alloyed steels can be tested as well as high-alloyed steels, Aluminium and Nickel)
- In local analyses, a higher robustness is given
- With the hardness tester you can optimize your components and samples
Faster, easier and more accurate testing: We would be pleased to provide you with detailed information about our hardness tester – contact us!
The economical alternative to conventional hardness testers: With the hardness tester from Imprintec you can get all important parameters in minutes
Our hardness tester works with precise 3D measurements of the test indentations as well as finite element simulations. This enables a fully automatic procedure with high processing speeds: after a few seconds you will receive detailed stress-strain curves. No specialist knowledge is required for the user to work with our strength and hardness testing machine – you have the reliability of an accurate, safe and robust procedure.
You would like individual advice on our strength and hardness testing device or would like to receive detailed information on the specific application possibilities for your company? Then contact us – we look forward to your inquiry!
- The strength values Rp0.2 and Rm can be determined within a very short time close to the process.
- The test can also be carried out in-process and integrated into the production process in an uncomplicated manner.to the tensile test, you save up to 90% of time and costs - with qualitatively comparable measurement results.
- With an Imprintec strength and hardness testing machine, even very small components can be tested. This enables a much better quality assurance as well as a more flexible and faster product development.