Strength and hardness tester
from Imprintec GmbH
Low-destructive hardness measurement instead of complex tensile test
Only with the knowledge of the existing characteristic values of a material can you reliably assess whether the respective material meets your requirements. However, an ordinary hardness tester or conventional hardness tests are not able to directly determine characteristic values of the tensile test such as the yield strength and the tensile strength. The conversion of hardness into tensile strength only takes into account selected material groups with limited precision. Tensile tests, on the other hand, are time-consuming and cost-intensive. The indentation method according to DIN SPEC 4864 offers advantages for various tasks of quality assurance (incoming goods, outgoing goods, intermediate inspection) and testing of components, as well as small and thin specimens.
Innovative testing technology from Imprintec: Discover the advantages of state-of-the-art materials testing for your company: With the strength and hardness testing machine from Imprintec, you can determine all important characteristic values such as yield point, yield strength and tensile strength with pinpoint accuracy - without a conversion table for hardness values and tensile strength and, if desired, integrated into the production process.
Convince yourself and make an appointment for a product demonstration in Bochum: By telephone under 0234/ 970 414 - 02, by e-mail or via our contact form.
Why is a modern alternative to the conventional hardness testing machine useful?
The mechanical resistance that a body offers to the penetration of another body is the hardness. The most common methods for determining hardness are the Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers, Shore or Knopp methods. As proven as these hardness tests are, some of them were developed more than 100 years ago and do not provide all currently possible measured values. For the majority of steel as well as aluminium and magnesium materials, a complex tensile test in the materials testing laboratory is necessary in order to test the mechanical properties. This includes the 0.2% proof stress Rp0.2 and the tensile strength Rm. However, the tensile test must be prepared in a complex manner and destroys the specimens and components used. An integration of conventional hardness tester and tensile test into the production process is, if at all, only possible in a cumbersome way and at enormous cost.
The i3D strength and hardness tester from Imprintec solves these problems: With the patented imprinting process, a cost-effective, safe and meaningful material testing and thus a new way of quality assurance and optimization of your products is possible.
Why is our strength and hardness tester the optimal solution for you?
Our i3D R/BVR strength and hardness tester combines the straightforwardness and flexibility of hardness testing with the detailed informative value of a tensile testing machine. The determined flow curves provide you with detailed values:
- Tensile strength Rm
- 0.2% proof stress Rp0.2
This results in interesting advantages for your company:
- Our strength and hardness tester provides you with more information about the mechanical properties of the material than a conventional hardness test
- Comparison values to the tensile test and precise hardness values are determined
- You get a higher accuracy than with a conversion according to DIN EN ISO 18265.
- With Imprintec a more comprehensive and cross-material testing is possible (unalloyed and low-alloyed steels can be tested as well as high-alloyed steels, aluminium and nickel).
- A higher robustness is given for local analyses
- Optimize your components and samples with the hardness tester
Quicker, easier and precise testing: We will be happy to provide you with detailed information on our hardness tester - contact us!
The economical alternative to conventional hardness testers:
With the hardness tester from Imprintec, all important characteristic values can be obtained in minutes.
Our hardness tester works with precise 3D measurements of the test indentations as well as finite element simulations. This enables a fully automated procedure with high processing speeds: After a few seconds you will receive detailed stress-strain curves. No specialized expertise is required for the user to work with our strength and hardness testing machine - you have the reliability of an accurate, safe and robust procedure.
Would you like individual advice on our strength and hardness testers or would you like detailed information on the specific application possibilities for your company? Then contact us - we look forward to your inquiry!
In concrete terms, this means for your company:
- The strength values Rp0.2 and Rm can be determined within a very short time close to the process.
- Testing can also be performed in-process and can be easily integrated into the manufacturing process.
- Compared to the tensile test, you save up to 90% of the time and costs - with qualitatively comparable measurement results.
- With an Imprintec strength and hardness testing machine, even very small components can be tested. This allows a much better quality assurance as well as a more flexible and faster product development.